Thursday, June 14, 2012

Final Post

I couldn't really think of anything to post about so I decided to summarize my experience in Comic Spirit class this year. First off, I would like to say that I am overjoyed that this was the final exam requirement because I remember the very first day of class when I was told that the final would be a standup skit in the auditorium. My first thought was, "well I know what day I'll be absent." If you know me, you know that I say 5 or 6 words a day in school so standing up in front of a bunch of people and trying to be funny seemed like a nightmare. Anyways, I took this class because I really enjoy comedy and I thought this class would be funny and it was. Funnier than I thought it would be. I had never had Mr. Kefor as a teacher before and now I can say that he is one of my all time favorites. The way he taught the class really made the class interesting. I can honestly say that I never caught up on my sleep in Comic Spirit. The continuous jokes and sarcasm kept me awake every time. I hope i have a class with him as the teacher next year. I thought the assignments in this class were pretty cool as well. I liked the idea of free writing. I like being creative and doing my own thing most of the time and this class gave me the opportunity to do so. I hate when you are told what to do constantly. This class always left room for imagination. I didn't really know anyone in the class this year but it didn't take away from the experience. I would definitely recommend this class to anyone who is looking for a fun elective. I learned a lot about the elements of comedy and the english Language. Comic Spirt was worth the selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment